HE COMMANDS IMPRESSIVE CREDENTIALS AND HAS FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE
IN TIMES OF CALM AND IN TIMES OF CRISIS BOTH NATIONALLY AND GLOBALLY
DR. BOSTICK’S INCLUDES
BIOENGINEERING, BIOTECHNOLOGY, AND R&D
Recently served as both the Chief Operating Officer at Intrexon (NASDAQ: XON, $1.5B), and President Intrexon Bioengineering. Led Intrexon operations for three health business units, and six bioengineering and R&D divisions. Intrexon has 1000 employees (700 PhD and MS degree scientists) developing better DNA solutions for Energy, Health, Environment, and Food products.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, OPERATIONS, AND MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Led several mergers and acquisitions efforts for Intrexon, working closely with multiple Strategic investors, Private Equity and Venture Capital firms leading to the successful sale of four Intrexon assets in a $100M deal.
COMMANDING GENERAL, US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS (USACE) – GLOBAL
Led the world’s largest public engineering organization specializing in construction, environment, and water resources management. Led 700 soldiers and 35,000 civilians in a $25B program in over 110 countries. The USACE was the most improved agency in terms of employee satisfaction in the entire federal government. Led the $60B response and recovery effort to Hurricane Sandy.
HUMAN RESOURCES LEADERSHIP
Served as the HR Director for the US Army (1M soldiers and 300K civilians).
MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND CRISIS RESPONSE
Led the marketing and communications effort in collaboration with WPP Marketing to support the war on the Aedes aegypti mosquito which causes Zika, Chikungunya, dengue, and yellow fever. Led U.S. Army Recruiting including new Army Slogan and marketing with NASCAR, NHRA, Professional Bull Riding, Radio, and TV. Led crisis response immediately following tragic events of 9-11, and the immediate response to Hurricane Sandy.
DIVERSIFICATION AND INCLUSION
Improved opportunities for woman, ethnic minorities and for religious accommodations.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS: BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION GRANTS
Led successful effort to secure two multi-million-dollar research agreements.
Testified before Congress 33 times leading to key changes in law and increased funding for major personnel and construction programs.
• Member, National Academy of Engineering, 2017
• Member, National Academy of Construction, 2017
• Member of five National Academy of Sciences Committees, 2017
• American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) Distinguished Member, 2018
• Member, George Washington University School of Applied Sciences and Engineering Hall of Fame, 2017
• Recipient, Honorary Doctorate, for Tuskegee University Commencement Address, 2014
• Recipient, White House Fellow (WHF), Department of Veterans Affairs, Class 89-90
• Recipient, WHF John W. Gardner Legacy of Leadership Award, 2015.
PhD, Systems Engineering, George Washington University; MS, in both Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Stanford University; BS, Applied Sciences and Engineering, US Military Academy, West Point, NY.
TEACHING AND MENTORSHIP
• Associate Professor and Advisory Board Mechanical Engineering, West Point, NY.
• Affiliated Scholar, Stanford University.
• Mentor and Annual Speaker, Clark Scholars, George Washington University.
Lt. Gen. Thomas P. Bostick Assumes USACE Command
Lt. Gen. Thomas P. Bostick talks STEM in Stuttgart